Expatrio helps you getting the products you really need for Germany, while you are still abroad in your home country. We have incorporated a convenient fully-online process with low fees as well as our money-back guarantee and always lend a helping hand with our superior Customer Service throughout the entire journey.
Your German Blocked Account for your visa application!
All benefits are also included in the Value Package!
Combine student's favorite choices: save time & money!
Enjoy FREE benefits:
Exclusive offer for University students.
Your mandatory Health Insurance coverage for visa and stay!
Enjoy FREE benefits:
All benefits are also included in the Value Package!
Our superior Customer Service will handle your request usually within 24h!
Enjoy low fees and peace of mind with transparent prices!
Accepted & approved by the Federal Foreign Office and secured by European regulation!
Inform yourself about Germany & the prerequisites for your visa application.
Conclude necessary products online, receive confirmations & obtain visa.
Activate products, enjoy Germany, settle down & let Expatrio be your daily companion.
At Expatrio, our aim is to make relocation to Germany as seamless as possible.
We know finding the right information on how to relocate and settle into a new country can be difficult. Also, we know that the lack of digitization and personalized support can make navigating German bureaucracy very frustrating.
"Highly recommended service. It is very reliable and the deposits have been made on time. Thanks for all the support".Edgardo Salvador
"The services are provided with great efficiency and in a timely manner. It is paper free and student friendly. It took me about ten minutes to apply for health insurance".Sabina Islamzade
"The process was really fast and easy. It helped me greatly in speeding up the process for my visa application."Nashua Suzaly
Expatrio is the digital relocation platform for people planning to move to Germany. Expatrio aims to help the customers with their relocation offering the opportunity to set up a Blocked Account and a Health Insurance (both of which are required for obtaining a German visa) online and with minimal effort.
Expatrio is a fully digital service. If you want to order any of the products offered (Blocked Account, Value Package, Health Insurance, Travel Insurance, Health Insurance Plus) you just need to open our main webpage, choose the product you are interested in, go through the questionnaire to help us adapt the service to your needs, and fill in the application form.
Blocked Account is a type of bank account required by many countries to obtain a visa. The Blocked Account is used as a confirmation of sufficient financial resources for foreign students, job seekers or au-pairs to be able to live in a specific country throughout the whole period of visa duration. Expatrio offers the opportunity to open an officially accepted German Blocked Account online as it is one of the main visa prerequisites.
Health Insurance Plus is a special package offered by Expatrio, which combines several insurances (Health Insurance, Incoming Insurance, Travel Smart Insurance, Liability Insurance, Repatriation Insurance) covering all the possible cases that can happen to you abroad. Apart from insurances, it also includes free ISIC card and DeGiS membership.
Value Package is an exclusive offer for international students that are coming to study in Germany. The Value Package includes Blocked Account and Health Insurance (necessary for visa application) as well as Current Bank Account, Incoming Insurance, Repatriation Insurance, ISIC card, DeGiS membership and Stay Safe Insurance. By ordering the full package, students save more than €345 when compared to the total cost of all the products in the package bought separately.
Yes, Expatrio is officially approved by the German Federal Foreign Office. You can find Expatrio on the official webpage of the German Federal Foreign Office being recognized and recommended as a Blocked Account service provider.
Expatrio is located in Berlin, Germany. Our exact address is Friedrichstraße 194, 10117 Berlin. But being fully digital service, you can always reach out to us online. You can also contact us via phone, should you desire talking to one of our Customer Service managers.
The list of the partners Expatrio has is constantly growing and can boast names like Techniker Krankenkasse, DR-WALTER, Amazon Web Services, Crédit Mutuel, MANGOPAY, Monese, ELEMENT, ONE Insurance, Junior Chamber International, and more.
Expatrio is a fast, cheap and convenient option for those who need a Blocked Account confirmation or a Health Insurance to receive a German visa. You can navigate the whole process online without any knowledge of German and receive the officially approved documents within just a few days or sometimes hours.
Expatrio services are designed to help people who are planning their relocation to Germany. No matter whether you are a student, au-pair, tourist, job seeker, intern or language student, Expatrio can help you overcome the German bureaucracy and prepare the documents required for your visa application.
* Based on the quantity and quality of customer reviews on Google Reviews, Facebook Reviews and Trustpilot Reviews.
* Please refer to the STCVP for further information on the Special Terms and Conditions for the Value Package and the Voucher Code.
* Compared to purchasing the products and services included in the Value package stand-alone as indicated in the respective areas respectively footnotes and the STCVP, calculation including the Voucher Code promotion.
* Techniker Krankenkasse has been awarded as the best German statutory health insurance fund (public health insurance) by the renowned Focus-Money (07/19) health insurer test for the thirteenth time in a row.
* Monese Current Account: The “Plus Plan” will be free of charge for the first 12 months (usually €4.95 per month).
* DR-WALTER Incoming Insurance: Valid for 180 days after arrival. First 31 days for free (usually €33).
* Calculation: difference in the Health Insurance premiums of DAK as compared to Techniker Krankenkasse (“TK”) on an annual basis (< 23 years or >23 with children: DAK €109.89 monthly, €1,318.68 p.a.; TK €103.94 monthly, €1,247.28 p.a.) // >23 years, no children: DAK €111.75 monthly, €1,341.00 p.a.; TK €105.80 monthly, €1,269.60 p.a.). In both cases, the TK premiums are €71.40 cheaper as compared to DAK. Please consider this calculation as an example and be advised that not only the price can vary but also the coverages. For more information please visit our comparison page. For a holistic and objective comparison you can refer to our partner krankenkassen.de.
* Deutsche Gesellschaft internationaler Studierender (DeGiS): Lifelong free membership (usually €120 per year, see degis.info), including DeGiS group insurance bundle, covered by ONE Versicherung AG, in the first year after activation, cancelled automatically (usually €117).
* Expatrio Repatriation group insurance: repatriation in case of death, covered by Element Insurance AG, in the first year after activation, cancelled automatically (usually €13.80).
* ISIC card: In the first year after activation, cancelled automatically (usually €15).