We listed six benefits of EDUCARE24 insurance:
1. Insurance coverage meets official legal requirements.
Insurances for foreign guests have to meet several requirements. Some of the specifications which need to be given attention to are the regulations of the European Commission or the Freizügigkeitsverordnung/EG and Germany’s right of residence. EDUCARE24 provides unlimited coverage of medical costs, thus exceeding the required coverage of 30,000 euros.
2. Health insurance without deductible
"Deductible" means that the insured person is obliged to cover a part of the treatment expenses. For example, a "deductible of €50 per insured event" means that you have to pay €50 of the medical bill yourself in each case of illness. The health insurance of EDUCARE24 does not comprise deductible.
3. Direct billing with doctors and hospitals
If you provide your medical info card (Ärzte-Info-Ticket) to your doctor or to the hospital, DR-WALTER can settle the billing directly with the doctor or the hospital.
4. Travel flexibility
It is not always possible to plan the exact duration of a stay abroad. EDUCARE24 can be extended up to a maximum insurance period of 4 years, but if you return early, the premium will also be calculated to the day.
5. Cover if you have a side job
It is of no importance to EDUCARE24 insurance coverage if you have a side job in addition to your studies. However, we recommend to clarify with your employer if such a side job is subject to social insurance contributions.
6. One-stop solution
If you have any questions about your EDUCARE24 insurance, you have only one contact partner, namely DR-WALTER. Advice, contract processing, payment processing and claims settlement will be dealt with by the staff of DR-WALTER.
Requirements for EDUCARE24
- You can be insured through EDUCARE24 if you meet the following requirements:
- Your maximum age at the commencement of the contract is 69 years
- Your stay abroad will last no longer than 4 years
- You have a foreign citizenship other than German
- The insurance policy is purchased prior to arrival or within the first month after entering the country or starting classes, studies, internship, teaching or research work
EDUCARE24 insurance coverage applies to all countries in the European Union, as well as to Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican city. EDUCARE24 offers the perfect insurance cover for Schengen visa. The Insurance coverage also includes worldwide trips up to a maximum duration of six weeks. That means that you are secured even if you visit your relatives and friends in your home country for vacations.