DR-WALTER offers private incoming insurance for international students, tourists, au-pairs, foreign guests, and also German employees abroad. The company provides online assistance for its customers and has already received several awards for its excellent service, such as the Insurance Super Star. The company’s investment in new employees secures great customer service and availability. Moreover, DR-WALTER’s underwriting agent guarantees fast and unbureaucratic processing for customers.
What should I know before getting private health insurance?
As a private health insurance provider, DR-WALTER names two main points you should consider when comparing private insurance policies:
1. During your stay in Germany, some situations can arise in which it makes sense to have insurance, such as:
- You get sick and need medication
- You get involved in an accident
- You spill red wine on the carpet of your rented apartment
Some things are unpredictable, and that is why DR-WALTER recommends comprehensive insurance coverage consisting of health, liability, and accident insurance.
Some extra issues are essential to consider:
- If your insurance covers outpatient and inpatient treatment as well as medically necessary rehabilitation measures.
- If your accident insurance covers death and disability.
- If your liability insurance offers protection for personal injury, property damage, and rental property damage. Important to note that damage to rented property is the damage caused to a rented apartment. Several landlords require this protection in Germany.
2. Both Germany and other Schengen states have special insurance requirements. Some of the specifications which have to be observed for a Schengen visa are the regulations of the European Commission or the Freizügigkeitsverordnung/EG and Germany’s right of residence. The minimum insured sum is 30,000 euros. We recommend health insurance providing unlimited coverage of medical costs.
EDUCARE24 insurance from DR-WALTER fulfills these points for comprehensive private insurance.