Special Terms and Conditions Value Package (“STCVP”) for the Expatrio Value Package and Voucher Code
This English Special Terms and Conditions are binding in all respects.
1 PREAMBLE Expatrio is a brand of Expatrio Global Services GmbH, Friedrichstraße 194, 10119 Berlin, Germany. Expatrio is a digital relocation platform for internationals that provides necessary products such as health insurance, blocked account and other related products to individuals (hereafter referred to as “User“ or “you”).
2 SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS The following Special Terms and Conditions Value Package and Voucher Code (“STCVP”) shall serve as an agreement that sets forth the General Terms and Conditions (“GTC”) of Expatrio which can be viewed on https://www.expatrio.com.
2.1 THE VALUE PACKAGE The Value Package enables the User to conclude various products at the same time within one application. The products are:
- Expatrio Mangopay Blocked Account
- Monese Current Bank Account
- DR-WALTER Incoming Insurance (Travel Health Insurance)
- Techniker Krankenkasse Public Health Insurance
- Element Private Liability Insurance “Study Secure”
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
The respective Terms & Conditions of the Product Providers apply.
2.2 VOUCHER CODE
The User might have received a Voucher Code which enables the User to reduce the Blocked Account set-up fees or any other fees if indicated differently. The following terms apply:
- The Voucher Code must be entered into the Voucher Code field on the respective page and redeemed for the discount to be deducted from the order.
- Unless stated differently, discounts cannot be combined and only one offer can be applied to any order.
- Expatrio reserves the right to decline orders where, in its opinion, a Voucher Code is invalid for the order being placed.
- The Voucher Code is dependent on the Conditions Precedent as stated in the present STCVP.
- Expatrio reserves the right to deactivate or shorten Voucher Code promotion periods at any time.
3 CONDITIONS PRECEDENT
The benefits that come along with the Value Package, e.g. savings, free additions or the Voucher Code are only applicable if the following conditions precedent are met. The User is responsible to:
- activate the Techniker Krankenkasse (TK) Health Insurance by submitting (i) the Certificate of Enrolment (“Immatrikulationsbescheinigung”) containing the university start date, the German address, (ii) an IBAN, and (iii) any additional documents requested by Expatrio if needed,
- transfer the funds necessary to meet the Blocked Account requirements and activate the Blocked Account by submitting the entry stamp and/or visa start date, the German Address, IBAN number and any additional documents requested by Expatrio if needed,
- activate the Monese Current Bank Account by submitting the documents needed for the Blocked Account. Furthermore, following an email invitation sent by Expatrio, the User is responsible for downloading the Monese Mobile App, signing in with the email address provided to Expatrio during the Value Package application process and following the Monese instructions to activate the Current Bank Account by performing additional verification steps, e.g. taking and uploading a selfie picture.
If one or more of the Conditions Precedent are not met, Expatrio is entitled to withdraw from the Value Package offer and claim the actual occurring costs from the User which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- the actual value of the Voucher Code (e.g. €49 Blocked Account set-up fee)
- DR-WALTER Incoming Insurance (Travel Health Insurance) (maximum €33)
- ELEMENT Private Liability Insurance “Study Secure” (€15)
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) (€15)
Those costs can be deducted from the Buffer of the Blocked Account. If the Buffer is not sufficient, Expatrio is entitled to deduct the full or remaining amount from the monthly Blocked Account disbursements. If no Blocked Account is set-up or the remaining funds are not sufficient, Expatrio is entitled to deduct the costs from a current account known by Expatrio by means of a SEPA direct debit or request a SEPA mandate from the User or send an invoice to the customer to be paid within 14 days, to meet the payment obligation.
4 TERMINATION AND WITHDRAWAL
The User can withdraw from the contractual relation with Expatrio within two weeks after submitting the declaration in writing to: Expatrio Global Services GmbH Friedrichstraße 194 10119 Germany
5 COURT OF JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
This contract shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany excluding the conflict rules of the German International Private Law (“Introductory Act to the German Civil Code”) (“Einführungsgesetz zum Bürgerlichen Gesetzbuche, EGBGB”). Jurisdiction for all mutual obligations from this contract is Frankfurt am Main. If any provision of this agreement is held to be contrary to law, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and the other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Expatrio in writing.
6 CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We keep our STCVP under regular review and hence Expatrio reserves the right to change this Policy. If Expatrio changes this Policy, you will find the changes and the current version of the STCVP on our website. The present STCVP are the 1st version, having been updated on May 28th, 2019: