Special Terms and Conditions Health Insurance Plus Package (“STCHIP”)
Special Terms and Conditions Value Package (“STCVP”) for the Expatrio Health Insurance Plus Package
This English Special Terms and Conditions are binding in all respects.
Expatrio is a brand of Expatrio Global Services GmbH, Friedrichstraße 194, 10117 Berlin, Germany. Expatrio is a digital relocation platform for internationals that provides necessary products such as health insurance, blocked account and other related products to individuals (hereafter referred to as “User“ or “you”).
2 SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following Special Terms and Conditions Health Insurance Plus Package (“STCHIP”) shall serve as an agreement that sets forth the General Terms and Conditions (“GTC”) of Expatrio which can be viewed on https://www.expatrio.com.
2.1 THE HEALTH INSURANCE PLUS PACKAGE
The Health Insurance Plus Package enables the User to conclude various products and services at the same time within one application. The products and services differ according to the User's respective profession (e.g. University Student or Language Student) provided in the exploration. The products and services include:
- Monese Current Bank Account
- DR-WALTER Incoming Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, product name PROVISIT)
- DR-WALTER Private Health Insurance (non-substitutive coverage, product name EDUCARE) (if eligible, e.g. for Language Students, Studienkolleg, Study applicant, PhD students, Job seeker, Au Pair)
- Techniker Krankenkasse Public Health Insurance (TK) (if eligible, only for Exchange Students, University Students [Bachelor/Master])
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) (if eligible, only for University Students [Bachelor/Master])
3 CONDITIONS PRECEDENT
The advantages of the Value packages can only be granted, if the following conditions precedent are met:
- Activating the Health Insurance:
- for University students activating Techniker Krankenkasse (TK) Health Insurance with Expatrio as the broker of record (TK application has to be handed in visa Expatrio) by submitting (i) the Certificate of Enrollment (“Immatrikulationsbescheinigung”) containing the university start date, (ii) the German address, (iii) an IBAN, and (iv) any additional documents requested by Expatrio if needed. The advantages are only granted after approval of the activation by TK, which is the basis of becoming an ordinary insured member of TK ("Herstellung ordentliche Mitgliedschaft").
- for other professions like e.g. Language Students, Studienkolleg, Study applicant, PhD students, Job seeker, Au Pair, activating DR-WALTER EDUCARE by paying the applicable premium to DR-WALTER (initial insurance contribution).
For the avoidance of doubt: it is not mandatory to activate the Monese Current Bank Account or the International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
If a User does not fulfill the conditions completely or partly, the advantages, which the Value Package grants, are void, so that the User is not entitled to receive advantages and has to compensate Expatrio for the actual costs occurred to Expatrio. The actual costs in principle correspond to the value of the granted advantages. Those costs will be:
- DR-WALTER Incoming Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, product name PROVISIT) (maximum 92 days, maximum 69€)
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) (if eligible, only for University Students [Bachelor/Master]) (€15)
If a blocked account of the User arranged by Expatrio exists, Expatrio may collect the costs to be replaced from the amount available on it and – if not sufficient – from the amounts to be paid monthly. If no such blocked account of the User exists or its amounts are not sufficient, Expatrio may collect the costs to be replaced with the consent of the User from his current account. In other cases Expatrio will invoice the User for the costs to be reimbursed, combined with the request for payment within 14 days.
4 TERMINATION AND WITHDRAWAL
The User can withdraw from the contractual relation with Expatrio within two weeks after submitting the declaration in writing to:
Expatrio Global Services GmbH
5 COURT OF JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
This contract shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany excluding the conflict rules of the German International Private Law (“Introductory Act to the German Civil Code”) (“Einführungsgesetz zum Bürgerlichen Gesetzbuche, EGBGB”). Jurisdiction for all mutual obligations from this contract is Berlin. If any provision of this agreement is held to be contrary to law, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and the other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Expatrio in writing.
6 CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We keep our STCHIP under regular review and hence Expatrio reserves the right to change this Policy. If Expatrio changes this Policy, you will find the changes and the current version of the STCHIP on our website. The present STCHIP are the 1.2nd version, having been updated on February 4th 2020
deleted Element Insurance AG
added Deutsche Gesellschaft internationale Studierende (DeGis)
Changes to the scope (products and services) of the Health Insurance Plus Package