A Blocked Account is a must-have, and it is an inevitable part of student life for any international student who wants to study in Germany. A Blocked Account, often known as a "Sperrkonto," is a unique type of bank account in which a student may deposit money but won't be able to access it until they arrive in Germany. To withdraw your money, you must first come to Germany, provide proof of residence, and open a German bank account to accept monthly deposits.
Why is Blocked Account required?
The main reason for a Blocked Account is that it is a requirement of the German student visa regulations. The German government uses the Blocked Account to ensure that international students have adequate money to survive their studies.
There are a plethora of platforms that provide Blocked Account Services, one of which is the Deutsche Bank. Deutsche Bank was one of the most popular banks for opening Blocked Accounts among international students. It provides a comprehensive range of services, including internet banking and credit card transactions, and has many ATMs throughout Germany. It is also one of Europe's largest banks.
They have, however, announced that they no longer provide Blocked account services starting July 1, 2022. This means that students now need to find an alternative to enjoy the benefits of a Blocked Account.
So, what are your other options?
Expatrio is an excellent choice.
Expatrio is a digital Blocked Account provider that has offered the same features and benefits as the other Blocked account service providers since 2018. With Expatrio, you can quickly and securely open a Blocked Account from the comfort of your home and handle all your financial needs in one place. All you need is a computer or smartphone with an internet connection.
We provide several services that make it simple and quick for students to open a blocked bank account with us. Aside from than, we provide outstanding value package alternatives that fulfill visa requirements for international students wanting to study in Germany, including Health Insurance and other services.
What's more, there are no hidden fees or charges with Expatrio.
Why Choose Expatrio?
There are several benefits to using Expatrio.
Let's start by looking at the fees.
- Account Opening fee - €49 (reimbursed if you opt for Value Package)
- Monthly fee - €5
- Account Opening time - 0-1 business day (many instant openings)
We offer Value Package, an all-inclusive solution that includes a Blocked Account, Health Insurance, and other services. The package is designed to make it easy for students to obtain student visas and live stress-free lives in Germany.
- We provide multilingual assistance and usually respond within 24 hours on weekdays.
- Our platform is simple and easy to use.
- Online document exchange is possible through the web application (soon through our mobile app)
- Customers may contact us via phone, email, or our contact form.
- We're partnered with Germany's renowned health insurance "TK" for public Health Insurance services.
- Free Travel Insurance of up to 92 days in the package for TK customers.
- You will get a free ISIC card for one year (automatic cancellation) that may be used to obtain discounts and special offers on various goods and services.
- Through our partnership, students may use Housing Anywhere to search for Housing in Germany.
Free Services offered by Expatrio
Aside from the benefits, we provide several free services to students, including:
- Study finder: We provide a search engine for German university courses and programs. Students can use the Study Finder on Expatrio to locate their ideal course.
- Study application: We provide a study application service to assist students with the whole application procedure. Students may apply to universities free of cost and manage all their applications in one location.
- Study Eligibility Checker: Students can take a little test to discover whether they are eligible to apply to a German University directly.
- Study consultation: Our study consultants can assist you in finding the best solution possible if you need help studying in Germany are unsure which university course to take, missed your application deadline, or have been rejected by a university and other circumstances.
- Educational Articles: Our weekly blogs offer everything a student might need, including studying, living, working, and tourism in Germany.
- Free Monese Classic bank account for 12 months.
- Webinars: The students benefit from weekly free webinars on our products and services, as well as studying and working in Germany, which allows them to address their concerns and ask queries.
- Learn German: You may learn German at a low cost with Expatrio. We've also teamed up with Chatterbug to give Expatrio's clients discounts when they enroll in a German language course.
- Referral Program: You may now join our Referral program and make money.
- Community DeGiS: We've connected with DeGiS, the famous international students' community, to help you connect and have fun adventures with other international students in Germany.
If you're looking for an alternative to the Deutsche Bank blocked account, look no further than Expatrio! We offer a simple, convenient and affordable solution for students wanting to study in Germany. With Expatrio, you can be sure you are getting the best possible value for your money.
"The services are provided with great efficiency and in a timely manner. It is paper free and student friendly. It took me about ten minutes to apply for health insurance".Sabina Islamzade
"Highly recommended & best service for opening blocked account I've ever used. Expatrio's staff provided quick support for all my questions. If you take from 2 weeks to 1 month to open a blocked account with a bank, you only need 3-5 days to have a blocked account with Expatrio. So amazing!"Trang Xuân Nguyễn Thị
"My blocked account was opened the next day. The money was transferred within 2 days. That means Expatrio provides the fastest way to an open blocked account so far. All in all, I would highly recommend Expatrio."Lina Frolova